Threading is a fantastic activity for children. It encourages imagination, colour recognition, language skills, fine motor skills, patterning skills and creativity.
Here are a few more threading ideas:
- Pasta – can be coloured (Put pasta a little water and some food colouring in a lock seal bag, shake it around until all the pasta is covered. Drain excess water and leave pasta on a flat board over night to dry)
- Paper shapes with hole punched in the middle
- Fake flowers ($2 shops have a good range of these)
- Plastic, wooden beads
- Toilet paper inserts can be decorated then cut to make large beads
- Straws cut into smaller pieces
- Cotton reels
- Pieces of material
- Pieces of cardboard
- Breakfast cereals – fruit loops, cheerio’s
You can thread on to:
- Beading wire
- Pipe cleaners (Chenille sticks)
You are only limited by your imagination!